Aorere College students- globally connected contributors now, and in the future.
Why have digital citizenship as a priority at Aorere College?
- Increase student engagement, love of learning and ultimately student achievement and futures
- Develop our students as globally-capable "digital citizens"
- Increase instances of student-teacher, student-student educational collaboration
- Keep Aorere students safe in a digital world
- Ensure that Aorere College classroom content & pedagogy matches our students' and the outside world
The following diagram from www.netsafe.org.nz sums up the key attributes of an successful digital citizen.
Year 9 students all do a compulsory rotation of Digital Thinking & Problem-solving that contains significant cybersafety tuition. Students must at all times use Aorere Digital resources appropriately and for educational purposes.
All Aorere College students are required to have a Chromebook or laptop for modern learning. For more information on purchasing a Chromebook, please click here.